Currently, we have the following vacancies:
- Performance Specialist (Music/Drama)
If you would like to apply for any of our roles, please complete the relevant application form, and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
- Sue Gadsden - HR Administrator, Lea Manor High School, Northwell Drive, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3TL
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for any post in the school.
If you would like further information on any of our vacancies please call reception and ask for Sue Gadsden, on 01582 652600.
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full time
Closing Date: Midday - 11 February 2021
Lea Manor High School is looking for Drama & Music Teachers to start after Easter. This is a great opportunity to begin or further your career within a friendly and supportive staff team. We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
The successful candidate needs:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A teacher who is keen to work as part of a team and share ideas and good practice
- Evidence of outstanding teaching practice and pupil progress within your lessons
- A passion for raising the achievement of all pupils
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Be effective communicators with staff, parents and pupils
- A deep understanding of pedagogy and its effective application
- Provide and maintain a stimulating classroom environment that promotes pupil’s learning
- Contribute to our programme of super learner clubs
We can offer you
- We can offer you - (examples below)
- Full induction and support for NQTs
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development opportunities
- Supportive staff team
- Enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
- Excellent LSA support
- Employee benefit scheme (Perkbox)
- Discounted membership access to an on-site recreation centre, sports equipment and facilities including a swimming pool and gym
- Employee advice, information and counselling service – AXA Be Supported
We would welcome the opportunity to show you around our school. Please contact Sue Gadsden, HR Administrator to make an appointment. email@example.com
In order to create super learners equipped with the qualifications, knowledge, and skills to make lifelong choices we are committed to developing the following key skills: Resilience, Responsibility, Rationality, Reflection and Resourcefulness (5Rs). We are uncompromising in our belief that there are ‘no shortcuts to success’ and are dedicated to ensuring the academic, social and emotional progress of all our pupils.
In order to support pupils achieving the 5Rs Lea Manor High School staff plan and prepare lessons that encourage and support independence. We consistently monitor and track pupils’ progress in line with curriculum expectations supporting them in becoming lifelong learners. Our passion for learning means we bring our subject to life beyond the classroom. We provide pupils with innovative intervention programmes that enrich their knowledge and serve to broaden horizons.
At our school every child matters to us, we ensure that our additional learning programmes provide pupils with the support to achieve in line with their peers. Sometimes families experience difficulties and we work with pupils alongside parent/carers, as well as, outside agencies to ensure pupils are kept on track to achieve great outcomes.
We are fortunate to have a fantastic building that provides a superb learning environment. The school is a richly diverse community and this is something that we celebrate. Learning spaces have been carefully designed to provide optimum conditions for learning and the allocation of ICT facilities to teaching rooms is very generous. Our community facilities, which include a library and a theatre, have been developed with our mission ‘no shortcuts to success’.
Lea Manor High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Please see below the Job Descriptions for the teaching posts currently available within our performance subjects:-