We currently have the following vacancies:
- Finance Manager
If you would like to apply for any of our roles, please complete the relevant application form, and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
- Sue Gadsden - HR Administrator, Lea Manor High School, Northwell Drive, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3TL
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for any post in the school.
If you would like further information on any of our vacancies please email Sue Gadsden, at email@example.com
Job Title: FInance Manager
Salary: NJC Grade Points 32-36- £31,689 - £35,355 a year (Actual Salary)
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: 37 hours per week, Term time plus 10 days
Closing Date: Midday - 19th March 2021
Full Job Description below:
All support staff are part of a whole school team. They are required to support the values and ethos of the school and school priorities as defined in the School Improvement Plan. This will mean focussing on the needs of colleagues, parents and pupils and being flexible in a busy pressurised environment.
The successful candidate needs:
- Substantial experience of the management and supervision of employees performing similar work e.g performing financial administration of budgets and personnel records using manual and computerised systems, facilities and premises. Experience of the management and use of IT for financial and personnel practices, spreadsheets and databases.
- Qualification relevant to the job, or good evidence of equivalent experience and training gained in the work place. A recognised management qualification (e.g DMS, MBA, CIPD, CIMA).
- Strong general business background including financial acumen
We can offer you
- Supportive staff team
- Enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
- Employee benefit scheme (Perkbox)
- Excellent Staff Room facilities
- Discounted membership access to on-site recreation centre, sports equipment and facilities including a swimming pool and gym
- Employee advice, information and counselling service – AXA Be Supported
In order to create super learners equipped with the qualifications, knowledge, and skills to make lifelong choices we are committed to developing the following key skills: Resilience, Responsibility, Rationality, Reflection and Resourcefulness (5Rs). We are uncompromising in our belief that there are ‘no shortcuts to success’ and are dedicated to ensuring the academic, social and emotional progress of all our pupils.
In order to support pupils achieving the 5Rs, Lea Manor High School staff plan and prepare lessons that encourage and support independence. We consistently monitor and track pupils’ progress in line with curriculum expectations supporting them in becoming lifelong learners. Our passion for learning means we bring our subject to life beyond the classroom. We provide pupils with innovative intervention programmes that enrich their knowledge and serve to broaden horizons.
At our school every child matters to us, we ensure that our additional learning programmes provide pupils with the support to achieve in line with their peers. Sometimes families experience difficulties and we work with pupils alongside parent/carers, as well as, outside agencies to ensure pupils are kept on track to achieve great outcomes.
We are fortunate to have a fantastic building that provides a superb learning environment. The school is a richly diverse community and this is something that we celebrate. Learning spaces have been carefully designed to provide optimum conditions for learning and the allocation of ICT facilities to teaching rooms is very generous. Our community facilities, which include a library and a theatre, have been developed with our mission ‘no shortcuts to success’.
Lea Manor High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).